In my family, we loooove a good Hayao Miyazaki film!
For Christmas, Nate and I decided to give my sisters soot sprite necklaces. They are super easy and fun to personalize. Without further ado…the tutorial!
DIY Soot Sprite Necklaces
-tiny black pom-poms
-tiny black eye balls
-small glass jars
-embroidery thread (in color of choice)
-tiny colorful stars or confetti (optional)
-strong glue (I use E6000)
-tapestry needle (optional)
- Glue the eyes on the pom-poms and let them dry. Then glue 3/4″ clear string on the back.
- If you are using confetti, glitter, or any other little additive to the bottle, add it now.
- Carefully, catch the other end of the string in the lid as you glue the top onto the jars. Trim any excess string.
- Make the tassel: Take the ring in one hand and wrap the thread through it around your fingers or some other object until the hoop is mostly full. Wrap a thread tightly and horizontally just under the hoop a few times and knot it off. Cut through the loops and trim roughly even.
- Place the bottle and tassel on a chain and viola!