Well it was interesting…
I caught myself reaching for bad snacks alllllllll day! It was so hard to avoid automatically grabbing some off-limit bites. But there were some highlights. I really enjoyed the meals I had and my dad smoked some amazing brisket for dinner. To go with the brisket I enjoyed some turnip “fries.”
I used this recipe for inspiration, but really improvised from there. The turnips had been given to my grandmother by a friend (yay excess garden produce!) and I needed to do something with them. The roasted turnips ended up delicious! Even my anti-turnip sister loved them! Here’s my little recipe.
- 2 dozen small turnips
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 Tbs. herbs de provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the turnips into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Leaving the skins on is completely okay! (I spent forever peeling them before I realized they are perfectly okay with the skins.)
- In a bowl, coat the sliced turnips with the oil and add in the garlic, herbs, and salt/pepper.
- Spread evenly across a pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the rounds and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!